A 5 day programme designed for people with a small amount of Manual Metallic Arc (MMA) welding experience that want to improve their welding skills up to a level where they can safely lap weld, corner weld, tee fillet weld and square butt weld in mild steel plate in the flat position.
To provide delegates with an understanding of the theoretical and practical welding of mild steel plate in the flat position on a range of welded joints.
Upon completion of the programme, participants will be able to:-
● Set and safely operate manual metallic arc welding equipment
● Produce lap welds in mild steel in the flat position
● Produce corner welds in mild steel in the flat position
● Produce square butt welds in mild steel plate in the flat position
● Produce tee fillet welds in mild steel plate in the flat position
● Safety as applied to MMA welding process
● Welding defects to include porosity, lack of fusion & undercut etc.
● Fault analysis and correction
● Requirements for a good weld
● Identification of controls
● Gas identification and application
● Setting & adjusting controls
● Types of filler wires and their applications
● Basic joint design
● Square butt joint and tee fillet joint
The programme uses a mixture of theory and practical.