Accelerating Business Growth Expo 2017
Join us on the 3rd of November for the most inspiring and informative expo you will attend this year…
The Marches Centre of Technology and Manufacturing and Buy-From, sponsored by NatWest, are bringing together the KEY business influencers and the very best business support specialists from Shropshire, to educate and inspire you all about:
- The wide range of FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES available to you in the county
- The variety of SUPPORT that is available to assist the growth and development of SMEs in Shropshire, from TRAINING, GUIDANCE and BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- Vital data protection (GDPR) information and law changes that WILL affect you and your business
- The Economic Growth Strategy for Shropshire 2017-2021
- The E-Spark programme – NatWest’s action-led approach to helping to champion the UK’s entrepreneurs by making them credible, backable and investable
The day will begin with a dynamic networking and affiliate expo where you will have the opportunity to meet and talk with the speakers, and a vast array of local service providers, who can support you in various ways – from film, to printing, PR and health and safety advice. Lunch will then be provided, incorporating some of the finest Shropshire produce around.
The afternoon session will be filled with key information, advice and guidance on a range of initiatives, Government legislation and funding opportunities to help small businesses in Shropshire (and beyond!) grow. There will also be tours of the MCMT facility, a brand-new centre at Stanmore Industrial Estate in Bridgnorth, with one vision: “Inspiring Engineers for a Changing World”.
The aim for this event is to provide you with the most relevant, up-to-date information in a way which will inspire, motivate and encourage you and your business to grow. We spend our lives thinking “What if one opportunity could change my life?”… Well, what if one thing you hear at this conference changes your life?
11am-1pm – Network and Affiliate Expo (including lunch)
1pm-4:30pm – Conference: Accelerating SME Business Growth in Shropshire
- Welcome: Louise Welsby (Buy-From
- Opening address and success story of the Entreprenerial Spark programme: Lee Currier (Entrepreneur Development Manager at NatWest)
- LEP Focus and Growth in Shropshire: Gill Hamer (LEP Chair)
- Shropshire Business Board: Mandy Thorn (Business Board Chair)
- Shropshire Council Economic Growth Plan and the SME Economy in Shropshire: Gemma Davies (Shropshire Council)
- SME Business Funding in Shropshire: Amy Farley (Marches Growth Hub)
- The MCMT and Incubator Opportunity: Matthew Snelson (MCMT)
- Tea and Coffee Break
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation: John Rainford
- GDPR and Implications for SMEs: FBC Manby Bowdler, CSCM IT Solutions and I-Secured
- Buy-From and Closing Address: Graeme Christie (CEO Brightcore)
- Further networking opportunities – close @ 5:30pm.